The main purpose of the Incubator for Digital Farming is to create a meeting place for professionals, regional and national project team members including students that are having ideas, PoC, startups or acting as freelancers to move scientific results into practice. We would like to establish a regional incubator that supports startups from all areas of the agriculture value chain whose technologies drive us towards a more efficiently operated, environmentally minded, and accessible agriculture future.
The target group for this project:
- Universities, Centers for Vocational Educational Training in Agriculture
- Agricultural and IT Students
Foundation Agro-Centre for Education,
Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra,
Szent István University,
Saints Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje,
University of Pristina ``Hasan Pristina``,
Agricultural University of Tirana
V4WB6 cooperation is tremendously important, given the varying degrees of development in Digital Farming at the regional level. V4 countries are very good developed in this area, while WB6 is still taking the first steps. This project has an important role to play here since it constitutes a space for horizontal collaboration that the governments of V4 and WB6 value and recognize. Students and institutions learn by comparison, so the bigger and broader this space, the greater the possibilities for learning. To take full advantage of this space for V4WB6 cooperation, we need to build new institutional mechanisms and working instruments. The incubator’s development creates the opportunity for new forms of working and interacting with other students, academia, institutions, and governments.
IDF will help both, agriculture and IT, students, to become more competitive by means of digital technology. IDF allow any student with a startup idea to access the latest knowledge, expertise, and technology for testing and experimenting with digital innovations for agrifood purposes. They will be provided with connections to investors, facilitate access to funding, and help connect suppliers and farmers of digital technologies in agriculture across the value chain in V4 and WB6.
Specifically, IDF goals are:
1) To foster the innovation through creation, development of digital farming for agribusinesses to benefit the farming community in V4 and WB6 region;
2) To facilitate digital agro-technology commercialization by promoting and supporting agribusiness startups lead by youth in V4 and WB6 region.
3) To promote successful Digital Farming startups in order to benefit the farmers/costumers through new innovative markets, products, and services.